Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Last updated: June 2019
Welcome to our AudioZomba website. Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the http://www.audiozomba.com website. Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
The term ‘AudioZomba’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose Sole Trader registered office is 24 Wilton Crescent, Hertford, Hertfordshire SG13 8JW. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by AudioZomba.
AudioZomba has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services.
You further acknowledge and agree that AudioZomba shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
Our acceptance of your offer to purchase our goods is subject to their availability. Our acknowledgement of order acceptance via the web or email is not a guarantee of delivery. If we are unable to deliver the goods which you have offered to purchase we will tell you as quickly as possible and a full refund will be given. We aim to process all enquiries and requests as quickly as possible but we reserve the right to restrict, refuse or cancel orders where necessary.
We accept the following methods of payment:
PayPal & Most Credit/Debit Cards
Your account will be debited once your order has been processed and accepted. All transactions are in UK pounds sterling and include VAT where applicable.
A Direct Bank Transfer is an instruction to your bank authorising payment to another bank account. For customers with online banking facilities you can send payment electronically. If not, you can simply instruct your bank over the phone or go to your nearest bank branch and organise one over the counter.
To organise a direct bank transfer you will need to quote our Bank Account Number, Sort Code and your Invoice Number which are provided with every invoice. Please contact us in case you would like to pay by Direct Bank Transfer.
Acknowledgement & Acceptance Of Order
We will notify you by e-mail to confirm receipt of your order, however our acceptance of your order will take place upon dispatch of the product(s) ordered and we will e-mail you again to confirm details.
Privacy & Security
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security of information given to us for the purposes of processing your order.
Accuracy of Listings Content
We take every care to ensure information on this site is accurate; however some prices or details shown on the website may change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will endeavour to rectify any errors as swiftly as possible. Should an error occur you will be given the option of either (a) confirming your offer to purchase subject to the correct description or price or (b) retracting your offer and receiving a refund if the goods have been paid for.
All items displaying cross through pricing have been offered for sale in our stores or online at the original price shown. The original price is the highest price at which the item has been offered for sale.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us using our contact form or by email.
The legal bases of processing data
AudioZomba may collect and process your data for different reasons according to the legal bases we rely on. The data protection act lists several different reasons for data processing, depending on our relationship with you.
Some data is collected with your consent. For example, if you have ticked a box to receive newsletter or other marketing correspondence from us.
Some cases require us to use your personal data to fulfil our contract obligations. For instance, when you have selected a home or business delivery we will use this data to pass onto the selected courier service.
If the law requires us to then we may collect and process your data. For example, in fraudulent or criminal activities.
Sometimes we will require to use your data to carry out our legitimate interests which is reasonably expected as part of running our business. Such as combining the shopping history of many accounts to ensure we are keeping up with products trends or demand.
We might collect your personal data
- When you visit our websites to buy products
- When you create an account in our checkout page
- When you contact us via email or our comments section with queries or complaints
- When you phone our call centres to place an order or make a payment
When you create an account in our checkout page
- When you fill out one of our surveys
- When you enter prize draws or competitions
- When you leave a product review or comment on our service
What information is collected
- After making an account with us either online or over the telephone we might collect your name, email, billing and delivery address, past order history and invoices, telephone number. Your password will be secured with encryption.
- To ensure the best webpage experience we may collect how many times you have visited our website and which websites you have been referred from, your country, where your computer is located, the web pages you view, the adverts you clicked on and any search terms you entered.
- Your comments, product or service review feedback.
Why we use your personal data
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons.
- To process the orders you have made on our website, in store or over the phone in order to comply with legal obligations.
- To respond to any correspondence you have raised with us regarding queries, complaints or refund requests.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
To prevent fraud and report any illegal activities.
- We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests, as part of our legitimate interest to you.
- To send you feedback or survey requests to help improve our services. We do this as a part of our legitimate interest to help make our products and services more relevant to you.
- If you have given us consent by opting into receiving marketing communication. We may send you promotional materials informing you about the latest products, special offers, promotions or competitions available. These may be sent via email, text or telephone. You can opt out of this service any time.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected, sensitive data is secured by SSL encryption. We do not store credit/debit card numbers. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and identify ways to further strengthen security.
Data Retention Periods
AudioZomba will only store your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Once its data retention period has expired AudioZomba will either delete or anonymise the data. For example, AudioZomba will keep transactional data for 8 years in order to comply with legal and contractual obligations.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation Law 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held please write to us.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- By requesting access to the personal data we hold about you.
- Making changes to rectify incorrect, out of date or incomplete data.
- Request that we stop any marketing communication by withdrawing consent. You can do this by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link found in the footer of our marketing emails, or by contacting us.